Irish Accent: Dublin
Dublin Irish Accent Learning Materials
- The Dublin accent materials include recordings of AccentHelp coaches Jim Johnson and Carolyn Johnson guiding you through learning the accent. Jim also leads you through applying the accent to a practice monologue.
- You'll get numerous recordings of native speakers, along with a PDF transcript of their conversations to follow along with as you listen.
- You'll get a PDF of the teaching materials, plus three more versions of the book: a PDF file to print, MOBI for Kindle, and EPUB for other portable readers.
- This accent is appropriate for productions of Juno and the Paycock and other plays. You also hear it in films like The Commitments and Once and from people like Colin Farrell.
- All of the sound files are in MP3 format so that you can play them on your computer, load them onto your phone, or burn them to a CD.
- You'll receive a link via email so that you can download all of the materials as ZIP files directly to your computer.
- You'll also get future updates for free!
Listen to a Sample!
Audio files in Two Volumes (129.1 MB, 134 minutes)
Volume 1: Learning the Accent
- Introduction to Sound Placement, Intonation, and Helpful Hints (5:07)
- Consonant sound changes for learning Dublin accents (12:03)
- Vowel changes in accents of North Dublin (6:32)
- Changes in Diphthongs for Dublin Irish accents (6:35)
- Alternate Pronunciations for words in Dublin accents (1:53)
- Practice Sentences recap for Dublin dialects (3:49)
- Practice with Sound Changes using a monologue (21:36)
- Practice with Intonation & Placement (13:26)
- Demonstration of the Practice Monologue (2:01)
Volume 2: Recordings of Native Speakers in & near Dublin Ireland
- W Dublin Ballyfermot Male reading (1:05)
- + his conversation (3:40)
- N Dublin Male reading (:55)
- + his conversation (4:09)
- N Dublin Male reading (:56)
- + his conversation (2:56)
- N Dublin Donaghmede Male reading (1:09)
- + his conversation (6:16)
- Skerries Female reading (1:04)
- + her conversation (:57)
- S Dublin 16 Female reading (1:02)
- + her conversation (4:46)
- N Dublin Male reading (1:26)
- + his conversation (3:47)
- Wicklow Male reading (1:12)
- + his conversation (7:28)
- Skerries Female reading (1:07)
- + her conversation (5:16)
- Dublin Male reading (1:33)
- + his conversation (2:03)
- N Dublin Ballymun Male reading (1:08)
- + his conversation (1:57)
- S Dublin Perrystown Female reading (1:16)
- + her conversation (2:58)
- Kilkenny/Dublin Male reading (1:17)
- + his conversation (1:05)
- N Dublin Male reading (1:17)
Most of these recordings are made "in the field" so you will hear such things as birds, cars or other people in the background. A transcription of the conversations is included to help you follow along.