Italian Accent Learning Materials
- The Italian accent materials include recordings of AccentHelp coaches Kate DeVore & Jim Johnson guiding you through learning the accent. In addition, Jim leads you through practicing the accent with a monologue.
- You'll have numerous recordings of native speakers as well, including a PDF transcript of their conversations so that you can follow along as you listen.
- You'll get a PDF of the teaching materials, plus three other versions of the book: a PDF file to print, MOBI for Kindle, and EPUB for other portable readers.
- This accent is appropriate for productions of Lend Me a Tenor and other plays. You also hear it in films like Under the Tuscan Sun and Big Night.
- All of the sound files are in MP3 format so that you can play them on your computer, load them onto your phone, or burn them to a CD.
- You'll receive a link via email so that you can download all of the materials as ZIP files directly to your computer.
- You'll also get future updates for free!
Listen to a Sample!
Audio files in Three Volumes (138.9MB, 147 minutes)
Volume 1: Learning the Accent
- Introduction to Sound Placement, Intonation, and Helpful Hints for learning an Italian accent (5:02)
- Consonant sound changes (14:37)
- Vowel sound changes (6:39)
- changes in Diphthongs (1:16)
- Pronunciations of words and terms (:57)
- Wrap up for learning Italian accents (:57)
- BONUS Text Practice (19:20)
- BONUS Text Intonation (7:30)
- BONUS Text Example (1:39)
Volume 2: Recordings of Native Speakers
- Rome Italy Male reading (1:34)
- + his conversation (4:08)
- Naples Italy Female reading (1:43)
- + her conversation (3:57)
- Milan Italy Male reading (1:01)
- + his conversation (4:43)
- Rome Italy Female reading (1:19)
- + her conversation (6:47)
- Palermo Italy Male reading (1:37)
- + his conversation (1:00)
- Florence Italy Female reading (1:00)
- + her conversation (3:20)
- Palermo Italy Female reading (1:17)
- + her conversation (2:41)
- Chianciano Terme Female reading (1:18)
- + her conversation (5:12)
- Venice Male conversation (3:40)
- Empoli Male reading (1:11)
- + his conversation (6:34)
- Palermo Male reading (1:34)
- + his conversation (2:39)
- Rome Female reading (1:49)
- + her conversation (4:07)
- Massafra Male reading (1:16)
- + his conversation (2:50)
- Mozzanica Male reading (1:20)
- + his conversation (2:28)
- Bari Female reading (1:37)
- + her conversation (2:21)
Volume 3: More Recordings of Native Italian Speakers
- Torino Female reading (1:26)
- + her conversation (6:46)
- Bergamo Male reading (1:06)
- + his conversation (3:49)
More native speakers will be added in the future - and you'll get the updates for free!
Most of these recordings are made "in the field" so you will hear such things as birds, cars or other people in the background. A transcription of the conversations is included to help you follow along.