Listen to a sample now!
Learn the accent of Zorba the Greek or fit right in at some big fat Greek wedding! You'll hear recordings that teach you the accent, along with natives recorded in the US and Greece. It will all sound Greek to you!
Greek Accent Learning Materials
- The Greek accent materials include recordings of AccentHelp coach Jim Johnson guiding you through learning the accent, with additional audio from coach Carolyn Johnson, as well as a number of recordings of native speakers. Jim and Carolyn gathered some of these recordings Greece - bringing the experience back to you in this download.
- You'll get four versions of the written teaching materials: a PDF file to print or read on a standard computer, a large-format PDF for portable reading devices, and MOBI for Kindle and EPUB for other portable readers. Transcripts of the native speakers are also included in volumes 2 & 3 in PDF format.
- This download includes tracks of coach Jim Johnson leading you through a practice monologue with a Greek accent, walking you through sound changes and variations in intonation in the accent.
Audio files in Three Volumes (175.7 MB, 183 minutes)
Volume 1: Learning the Accent
- Introduction to Sound Placement, Intonation, and Helpful Hints (8:27)
- Consonant sound changes for learning a Greek accent (12:13)
- Vowel changes in Greek accents (9:27)
- Changes in Diphthongs for Greek accents (2:35)
- Alternate Pronunciations (1:10)
- Wrap up to learning accents of Greece (2:36)
- Practice with Sound Changes using a monologue (14:54)
- Practice with Intonation & Placement (7:10)
- Demonstration of the Practice Monologue (2:21)
Volume 2: Recordings of Native Speakers of Australia
- Santorini Greece Male reading (1:50)
- + his conversation (8:19)
- Rithymno Crete Greek Female reading (1:21)
- + her conversation (7:05)
- Athens Greece Female reading (1:14)
- + her conversation (10:41)
- Athens Greece Male reading (1:10)
- + his conversation (2:24)
- Athens Greece Female reading (:38)
- + her conversation (9:56)
- Tripoli Peloponnese Greek Female reading (1:34)
- + her conversation (4:02)
- Kozani Male reading (1:31)
- + his conversation (3:42)
- + his discussion of Greek dialects (1:52)
- Lefkovryski Female reading (1:57)
- + her conversation (1:25)
- Kozani Male & Lefkovrysky Female in conversation (1:51)
- + their conversation in Greek (2:02)
- Thessaloniki Male reading (1:42)
- + his conversation (2:19)
- Yannena Male reading (1:13)
- + his conversation (3:30)
- Thessaloniki Male reading (1:51)
- + his conversation (7:45)
- + speaking Greek (1:20)
- Peloponnese Female reading (:58)
- + her conversation (1:49)
- Athens Female reading (1:08)
- + her conversation (3:02)
Volume 3: More Recordings of Native Speakers of Australia
- Athens Male reading (1:11)
- + his conversation (1:19)
- Athens Female reading (1:50)
- + her conversation (4:26)
- Calcis Male reading (2:08)
- + his conversation (1:47)
- Athens Female reading (1:22)
- + her conversation (6:34)
- Athens Male reading (1:15)
- + his conversation (9:14)
Most of these recordings are made "in the field" so you will hear such things as birds, cars or other people in the background. A transcript of the conversations is included to help you follow along.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you aren’t satisfied with an AccentHelp download for any reason, just let us know within 30 days of your purchase, and we’ll fully refund your money.
We only guarantee this for one download – we don’t want you to buy all of them and then ask for your money back and then just keep them… Basically, let’s all play nice, okay?
If you’re not happy, you’re not happy – and we’ll take care of you. But we think you’re going to be happy or we wouldn’t offer this guarantee.