Listen to a sample now!
Dutch accents can vary a bit depending upon what part of the Netherlands someone is from. People often find that it sounds something like a German accent, but there are some distinct differences that are covered here in the download!
Finally, you can reach your goal of sounding just like Herman Brood...
Dutch Accent Learning Materials
- The Dutch accent materials include recordings of AccentHelp coach Jim Johnson guiding you through learning the accent, using the PDF ebook. You'll also get three other versions of that same text: a smaller PDF for printing, a Kindle version, and an epub edition.
- You'll also get over 20 different native speakers to listen to, along with a PDF transcript of their conversations.
- This accent is appropriate for productions of Deathtrap and other plays. You also hear it from actors like Rutger Hauer and in films like Prince of Tides and Goldmember.
- Dutch accents have a lot in common with German accents and the accents of France, especially depending upon what part of the Netherlands the speaker is from. Holland is one part of The Netherlands, and you'll hear from native speakers from the entire country.
Audio files in Three Volumes (190.2 MB, 202 minutes)
Volume 1: Learning the Accent
- Introduction to Sound Placement, Intonation, and Helpful Hints (9:59)
- Consonant sound changes for learning Dutch accents (21:20)
- Vowel changes in accents of The Netherlands (11:11)
- Changes in Diphthongs for Dutch accents (6:10)
- Alternate Pronunciations for words in Dutch accents (1:29)
- Practice Sentences recap for Dutch accents (3:12)
- Practice with Sound Changes using a monologue (25:21)
- Practice with Intonation & Placement (5:58)
- Demonstration of the Practice Monologue (2:13)
Volume 2: Recordings of Native Speakers of The Netherlands
- Noord-Brabant Netherlands Male reading (:55)
- + his conversation (4:42)
- Noord-Brabant Female reading (:56)
- + her conversation (4:06)
- Noord-Brabant Female conversation (7:41)
- Zuid-Holland Netherlands Female reading (1:18)
- + her conversation (6:03)
- Drenthe Netherlands Female reading (1:15)
- + her conversation (5:34)
- Noord-Brabant Male conversation (4:47)
- Dutch Male reading (1:59)
- + his conversation (6:12)
- Den Haag Female reading (1:08)
- + her conversation (3:02)
- Enkhuizen Male reading (1:04)
- + his conversation (3:09)
- Utrecht Male reading (1:06)
- + his conversation (1:51)
- Zoetermeer Male reading (1:05)
- + his conversation (5:44)
- Amersfoort Male reading (1:31)
- + his conversation (10:35)
- Amsterdam Female reading (1:05)
- + her conversation (2:58)
- Amsterdam Male reading (1:36)
- + his conversation (3:59)
- + reading Dutch (:48)
- Apeldoorn Male reading (1:19)
- + his conversation (1:50)
Volume 3: More Recordings of Dutch Speakers
- Deventer Female reading (1:11)
- + her conversation (2:04)
- Eastern Holland Male reading (1:07)
- + his conversation (2:38)
- Nijmegen Male reading (1:02)
- + his conversation (1:50)
- North Holland Female reading (1:34)
- + her conversation (5:00)
- Utrecht Male reading (1:27)
- + his conversation (2:18)
- Zevenaar Male reading (1:15)
- + his conversation (4:12)
Most of these recordings are made "in the field" so you will hear such things as birds, cars or other people in the background. A transcription of the conversations is included to help you follow along.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you aren’t satisfied with an AccentHelp download for any reason, just let us know within 30 days of your purchase, and we’ll fully refund your money.
We only guarantee this for one download – we don’t want you to buy all of them and then ask for your money back and then just keep them… Basically, let’s all play nice, okay?
If you’re not happy, you’re not happy – and we’ll take care of you. But we think you’re going to be happy or we wouldn’t offer this guarantee.