Listen to a sample now!
Spain: Castilian Accent
Spain is divided into a number of autonomous provinces that relate to language & cultural differences. Spanish (Castellano or Español) is the national language spoken by almost all Spaniards, but there can be some variation in the accents due to the dialect of Spanish the people speak & language variations.
Castilian Spanish Accent Learning Materials
- The Spain accent materials include recordings of AccentHelp coach Jim Johnson guiding you through learning the accent, using the text, as well as a number of recordings of native speakers. Jim gathered these recordings over the course of many years - bringing the experience back to you in this download.
- You'll get four versions of the written materials: a PDF file to print or read on a standard computer, a large-format PDF for portable reading devices, and MOBI for Kindle and EPUB for other portable readers.
- This accent is appropriate for productions of The Fantasticks and other plays. You also hear it from stars like Antonio Banderas and Penélope Cruz.
- The major ethnic/language divisions of Spain include the Galicians, in the northwest with heavy influence from Portuguese; the Basques, in northeast Spain and southwest France; the Catalans, in the far northeast; and the Castilians, largely throughout the middle of the country.
Audio files (76.6MB, 77 minutes)
- Introduction to Sound Placement, Intonation and Helpful Hints for speaking with a Spanish accent (9:34)
- Consonant sound changes for learning a Castilian accent (17:32)
- Vowel sound changes for speaking with a Castilian accent (8:27)
- changes to Diphthongs for learning a Spanish accent (1:51)
- Pronunciation of Words and Phrases in a Castilian Spanish accent (1:35)
- Wrap up to learning Castilian Spanish accents (2:18)
- Male from Valencia Spain reading (1:35)
- + his conversation (9:36)
- Male from Bilbao Spain reading (1:15)
- + his conversation (1:25)
- Female from Madrid Spain reading (1:11)
- + her conversation (6:41)
- Female from Madrid Spain reading (1:41)
- + her conversation (3:56)
- Male from Santander Cantabria Spain reading (1:33)
- + his conversation (7:24)
Most of these recordings are made "in the field" so you will hear such things as birds, cars or other people in the background. A transcription of the conversations is included to help you follow along.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you aren’t satisfied with an AccentHelp download for any reason, just let us know within 30 days of your purchase, and we’ll fully refund your money.
We only guarantee this for one download – we don’t want you to buy all of them and then ask for your money back and then just keep them… Basically, let’s all play nice, okay?
If you’re not happy, you’re not happy – and we’ll take care of you. But we think you’re going to be happy or we wouldn’t offer this guarantee.