Listen to a sample now!
Russia is an enormous country with most of the population to the far west, which is near a number of other Slavic countries that have a lot of accent elements in common. Significant elements of Russian accents carry over into the accents of the rest of the former USSR - the former Soviet block still shares languages and accents.
Russian Accent Learning Materials
- The Russian accent materials include recordings of AccentHelp coach Jim Johnson guiding you through learning the accent, using the text, as well as a number of recordings of native speakers. Jim gathered these recordings over the course of many years - bringing the experience back to you in this download.
- You'll get four versions of the written materials: a PDF file to print or read on a standard computer, a large-format PDF for portable reading devices, and MOBI for Kindle and EPUB for other portable readers.
- This accent is appropriate for productions of You Can't Take It With You and other plays. You also hear it in films like Reds and White Knights.
- These Russian accent materials are appropriate for a lot of other Slavic countries as well, especially the surrounding countries that used to be a part of the USSR: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Ukraine, Maldava, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbajan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Audio files (74.7MB, 76 minutes)
- Introduction to Sound Placement, Intonation and Helpful Hints for speaking with a Russian accent (6:14)
- Consonant sound changes for a Russian accent (18:42)
- Vowel sound changes for learning a Slavic accent (8:43)
- changes in Diphthongs for speaking with a Russian accent (1:28)
- Alternate Pronunciations of words in a Russian accent (3:35)
- Wrap up to Russian accent training (1:40)
- Russia Female reading (1:36)
- + her conversation (5:09)
- Stravroposi Russia Male reading (1:13)
- + his conversation (4:09)
- Georgia (Slavic) Male reading (1:35)
- + his conversation (4:09)
- S Central Russia Female reading (1:25)
- + her conversation (4:02)
- Russia Male reading (:59)
- + his conversation (3:41)
- Russian Male conversation (8:15)
Most of these recordings are made "in the field" so you will hear such things as birds, cars or other people in the background. A transcription of the conversations is included to help you follow along.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you aren’t satisfied with an AccentHelp download for any reason, just let us know within 30 days of your purchase, and we’ll fully refund your money.
We only guarantee this for one download – we don’t want you to buy all of them and then ask for your money back and then just keep them… Basically, let’s all play nice, okay?
If you’re not happy, you’re not happy – and we’ll take care of you. But we think you’re going to be happy or we wouldn’t offer this guarantee.